[Stop-traffic] News/Central Asia: LOST CHILDREN OF CENTRAL ASIA

Melanie Orhant stop-traffic@friends-partners.org
Mon Feb 23 18:47:45 2004

--============_-1134544281==_ma============

WELCOME TO IWPR'S REPORTING CENTRAL ASIA, January 19, 2004

INVESTIGATIVE REPORT:

LOST CHILDREN OF CENTRAL ASIA=CA On the murky underside of Central
Asia, there are underage prostitutes for sale on the streets with few
rights and fewer opportunities. By Ulugbek Babakulov, Natalia
Domagalskaya, Elena Lyanskaya, Alla Pyatibratova, Roman Sadanov, Asel
Sagynbaeva, Leila Saralaeva, and Nargis Zokirova

VISIT IWPR ON-LINE: <>www.iwpr.net ***************

  EXCERPT:

LOST CHILDREN OF CENTRAL ASIA

On the murky underside of Central Asia, there are underage
prostitutes for sale on the streets with few rights and fewer
opportunities.

By Ulugbek Babakulov, Natalia Domagalskaya, Elena Lyanskaya, Alla
Pyatibratova, Roman Sadanov, Asel Sagynbaeva, Leila Saralaeva, and
Nargis Zokirova

Child prostitutes may be virtually invisible in the Central Asia
republics, but they are there if you look hard enough - in discreet
clubs, private homes converted into brothels, and hanging around on
street corners.
--

__________________________

=46AIR USE NOTICE. This document contains copyrighted material whose
use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
Stop-Traffic is making this article available in our efforts to
advance understanding of trafficking in persons for forced labor and
human rights issues. We believe that this constitutes a `fair use' of
the copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US
Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for
purposes of your own that go beyond `fair use', you must obtain
permission from the copyright owner.

__________________________

STOP-TRAFFIC is an open, facilitated, international electronic
listserv.  The archive and the server is provided by Friends and
Partners. We would like to extend our appreciation to  Friends and
Partners.

Stop-Traffic addresses human rights abuses associated with
trafficking in persons for forced labor, servitude and slavery around
the world, such as in forced factory labor, domestic servitude,
forced prostitution, forced agricultural labor and other forms of
forced labor.  The list maintains a strong emphasis on public health
issues associated with trafficking, which affects the physical
safety, health and well-being of millions of women,men and children
worldwide.

WWW.STOP-TRAFFIC.ORG

Melanie Orhant
Stop-Traffic Moderator
--============_-1134544281==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>News/Central Asia: LOST CHILDREN OF CENTRAL
CENTRAL ASIA, January 19, 2004</font><br>
REPORT:</font><br>
On the murky underside of Central Asia, there are underage prostitutes
for sale on the streets with few rights and fewer opportunities. By
Ulugbek Babakulov, Natalia Domagalskaya, Elena Lyanskaya, Alla
Pyatibratova, Roman Sadanov, Asel Sagynbaeva, Leila Saralaeva, and
Nargis Zokirova</font><br>
href=3D""><font face=3D"Courier New"
***************</font><br>
ASIA</font><br>
Central Asia, there are underage prostitutes for sale on the streets
with few rights and fewer opportunities.</font><br>
Domagalskaya, Elena Lyanskaya, Alla Pyatibratova, Roman Sadanov, Asel
Sagynbaeva, Leila Saralaeva, and Nargis Zokirova</font><br>
virtually invisible in the Central Asia republics, but they are there
if you look hard enough - in discreet clubs, private homes converted
into brothels, and hanging around on street corners.</font></div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>
__________________________<br>
=46AIR USE NOTICE. This document contains copyrighted material whose use
has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
Stop-Traffic is making this article available in our efforts to
advance understanding of trafficking in persons for forced labor and
human rights issues. We believe that this constitutes a `fair use' of
the copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US
Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for
purposes of your own that go beyond `fair use', you must obtain
permission from the copyright owner.<br>
__________________________<br>
STOP-TRAFFIC is an open, facilitated, international electronic
listserv.&nbsp; The archive and the server is provided by Friends and
Partners. We would like to extend our appreciation to&nbsp; Friends
and Partners.<br>
Stop-Traffic addresses human rights abuses associated with trafficking
in persons for forced labor, servitude and slavery around the world,
such as in forced factory labor, domestic servitude, forced
prostitution, forced agricultural labor and other forms of forced
labor.&nbsp; The list maintains a strong emphasis on public health
issues associated with trafficking, which affects the physical safety,
health and well-being of millions of women,men and children
worldwide.<br>
WWW.STOP-TRAFFIC.ORG<br>
Melanie Orhant<br>
Stop-Traffic Moderator</div>