[Stop-traffic] News/US: Seminars focus on human trafficking

Melanie Orhant stop-traffic@friends-partners.org
Sun Jan 4 15:58:21 2004

--============_-1141097436==_ma============

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2003/Nov/17/ln/ln26a.html

Posted on: Monday, November 17, 2003

Excerpt:

Seminars focus on human trafficking

By Vicki Viotti
Advertiser Staff Writer

Law-enforcement and social-service agencies will receive training
this week on how to spot human trafficking here - whether in
prostitution or some form of forced labor - and how to intervene.

A three-day series of seminars for professionals starts today. These
are closed sessions, but a public briefing on human trafficking is
set for 9:30 a.m. tomorrow in Room 423 of the State Capitol.
--

__________________________

FAIR USE NOTICE. This document contains copyrighted material whose
use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
Stop-Traffic is making this article available in our efforts to
advance understanding of trafficking in persons for forced labor and
human rights issues. We believe that this constitutes a `fair use' of
the copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US
Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for
purposes of your own that go beyond `fair use', you must obtain
permission from the copyright owner.

__________________________

STOP-TRAFFIC is an open, facilitated, international electronic
listserv.  The archive and the server is provided by Friends and
Partners. We would like to extend our appreciation to  Friends and
Partners.

Stop-Traffic addresses human rights abuses associated with
trafficking in persons for forced labor, servitude and slavery around
the world, such as in forced factory labor, domestic servitude,
forced prostitution, forced agricultural labor and other forms of
forced labor.  The list maintains a strong emphasis on public health
issues associated with trafficking, which affects the physical
safety, health and well-being of millions of women,men and children
worldwide.

WWW.STOP-TRAFFIC.ORG

Melanie Orhant
Stop-Traffic Moderator
--============_-1141097436==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>News/US: Seminars focus on human
>http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2003/Nov/17/ln/ln26a.html</div

By Vicki Viotti<br>
Advertiser Staff Writer<br>
Law-enforcement and social-service agencies will receive training this
week on how to spot human trafficking here - whether in prostitution
or some form of forced labor - and how to intervene.<br>
These are closed sessions, but a public briefing on human trafficking
is set for 9:30 a.m. tomorrow in Room 423 of the State Capitol.</div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>
__________________________<br>
FAIR USE NOTICE. This document contains copyrighted material whose use
has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
Stop-Traffic is making this article available in our efforts to
advance understanding of trafficking in persons for forced labor and
human rights issues. We believe that this constitutes a `fair use' of
the copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US
Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for
purposes of your own that go beyond `fair use', you must obtain
permission from the copyright owner.<br>
__________________________<br>
STOP-TRAFFIC is an open, facilitated, international electronic
listserv.&nbsp; The archive and the server is provided by Friends and
Partners. We would like to extend our appreciation to&nbsp; Friends
and Partners.<br>
Stop-Traffic addresses human rights abuses associated with trafficking
in persons for forced labor, servitude and slavery around the world,
such as in forced factory labor, domestic servitude, forced
prostitution, forced agricultural labor and other forms of forced
labor.&nbsp; The list maintains a strong emphasis on public health
issues associated with trafficking, which affects the physical safety,
health and well-being of millions of women,men and children
worldwide.<br>
WWW.STOP-TRAFFIC.ORG<br>
Melanie Orhant<br>
Stop-Traffic Moderator</div>